Join us on the 3rd Tuesday of every month
Westport Coffeehouse, 4010 Pennsylvania, Kansas City, MO. 64111, 816-756-3221
Click to see a Google map for directions
The Society of American Magicians, founded in 1902, is the oldest and most prestigious magic society in the world. It began in the United States but there are now chapters all over the world. Everyone with a sincere interest in the art of magic is invited to become a part of our organization.
Assembly #38 was originally founded by the S.A.M. in 1944 as the "Kansas City Assembly #38". It was later renamed in 1991 to the "Robert W. Klamm assembly" of Independence Missouri. This magic club serves the entire greater Kansas City metropolitan area (both Kansas and Missouri) and meets on the third tuesday of every month at 7:00pm at the Westport Coffeehouse in Kansas City, Missouri. (more info)
SAM38 also provides lending support to the Society of Young Magicians Assembly #9 . The SYM provides a learning environment for the young enspiring magician. It helps the younger generation of magicians to develop their style and to learn new magic skills.
How to Join
- Attend a meeting or two to see if you like the club.
- Ask for a membership packet. This includes information about the rights and responsibilities of membership and also includes an application form.
- Fill out the application and ask two current members to sponsor you by signing the form.
- Give your completed application to a club officer along with your first years dues and membership fees.
- You are then a member of the Society of American Magicians Assembly #38.
- You will receive a membership card and an S.A.M. pin at a future S.A.M. meeting
- You will gain access to the members area of our website
- You will receive a membership to our club Newsletter, The Wizards's Sleeve
- You will also receive a subscription to the Society of American Magicians official magazine M.U.M. (Magic Unity Might).
For Additional information or to join our mailing list, please contact our Secretary: